ARISS school Conatct 28th nov 2017 - Canada, Huntley Centennial Public School
There was a ARISS school contact between the Huntley Centennial Public School, Carp, ON, Canada and Paolo Nespoli on the ISS. They used the Telebridge IK1SLD in italy for making the contact to canada, while the iss was over europe, so I was in range and was able to receive most of the contact.
I used my QFH Antenna on the Roof that is connectedt with an 5m cable to my Airspy mini.
Here is the Recording, received near cologne, Germany
- What is the most interesting research you are doing?
- How do you talk to your family and friends in outer space?
- What do you eat and how do you cook in space?
- How long does it take to get to space station?
- What do you do to prepare for the re-entry into Earth's atmosphere and gravity effects?
- How is the space station controlled?
- How long can people stay in space and what is the record?
- What is the temperature outside of space station and how do you stay warm both on board and when doing a spacewalk?
- How is air produced on space station and how often do you bring supplies on board?
- What is the training process to become an astronaut?
- Have you ever regretted being in space? - (only partially)
- Since the toilet is made for zero gravity, how do you train to use it on earth? - (weak signal)
- Does your view of the world change after your return from space?
- What does it feel like returning to earth after being in space? - (very weak)